June 24, 2009

"Waiting On" Wednesday (10)



I like this promotion Penguin is doing, called Darken Your Summer Days. I've got nothing against beach reads, but I do like a good dark fantasy so I like being able to go to a site and see the line-up at a glance.

And yeah, most of them are already out, but TENTH GRADE BLEEDS by Heather Brewer doesn't come out until tomorrow. (So it barely counts as pre-publication, so what?) I enjoyed the first two books of this series and plan to pick this one up whenever it hits the library shelves. (I don't buy hardcover if I can help it.)

Book Cover

Amazon Description:
It’s another sucky year at Bathory High for Vladimir Tod. The evil vampire D’Ablo is hunting for the ritual that could steal Vlad’s powers. His best friend Henry doesn’t want to be his drudge anymore. And as if all that weren’t enough, it’s getting harder for Vlad to resist feeding on the people around him. When months go by with no word from Uncle Otis and D’Ablo shows up demanding Vlad’s father’s journal, Vlad realizes that having a normal high school year is the least of his concerns. Vlad needs to act fast, and even his status as the Pravus won’t save him this time . . .




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a meme started by Jill of Breaking the Spine.

1 comment:

  1. Been meaning to read these books! There's already a third one coming out? Crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...