January 29, 2012

Welcome Back, Kotter

It's been a strange few months guys. I'm sorry I haven't been around here - but that doesn't mean I haven't been reading.

Book Cover

First, you have to hear this NPR interview with Newbery Award Winner Jack Gantos. I read the Joey Pigza books in elementary and loved them. And even if the winning novel DEAD IN NORVELT doesn't appeal to you, you can probably appreciate an interview about how Gantos went from smuggling drugs to writing children's books. If you aren't familiar with the game show Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, then this is also a great introduction. (You might also want to read Wait Wait Don't Eat Me.)

Book Cover

Next, I highly recommend today's Kindle Deal of the Day. BLACK LIKE ME was assigned reading that I actually enjoyed.

I'm pretty sure I've posted about this before, but if you create a Bookprint on Scholastic's YouAreWhatYouRead.com, Scholastic Book Clubs will donate a book to a child in need through Reach Out and Read.

ETA 4/29/12: Reach Out and Read has a three-star rating from Charity Navigator.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to the blogging world, and thanks for the link. I haven't read Dead End in Norvelt, but I'm curious now!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...