August 4, 2015

Pick-Me-Up Books

I have a cold and it looks like I am feeling too muffled* to finish either my review of GOODBYE STRANGER by Rebecca Stead or FUZZY MUD by Louis Sachar.  For now, I'll say that they're just as good as you'd expect from those two names.

*It didn't help that I accidentally splashed some of my curry in my eye.  You were supposed to make me feel better, curry!

I'll ask a discussion question instead.  What are your favorite books when you're feeling ill or otherwise down?  What books help you feel better?

10 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the books but sorry you aren't feeling well! Never fun. When I'm sick, I don't necessarily read a ton because it's hard to focus. But if I'm just feeling down? I guess I'd go to Harry Potter or something funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry Potter is good comfort food.

      I have to keep some focus because I have too much to do to miss work!

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better. I usually reach for my favorite authors when I don't feel well. The genre doesn't matter just trusted authors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been reading Robin Hobb's new book while resting!

      Delete
  3. Douglas Adams, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. :)

    Feel better~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon! I find that I turn to my oldest favorites (The Blue Sword, Dealing with Dragons, etc.) when sick, OR whatever romance novel I have been saving for a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old faves are comforting. (And I have been reading a romance - How the Marquess Was Won. So good.)

      Delete
  5. When I'm feeling ill, I like to read romance books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...